Welcome to my little slice of cooking heaven. I love to cook and bake and want to share with you some of the wonderful things coming from my kitchen. Check back often, you never know what is next on my menu.


Sunday, February 28, 2010

A Homemade Gourmet kind of weekend

The weekend has been busy so far and we've gone out to eat. I got some organic boneless chicken breasts at New Seasons for $3.99/pound and made up a few of Homemade Gourmet's 4 Meals in 4 Minutes that I enjoy. Into the freezer went 2 bags of Mediterranean Chicken and 1 bag of Basic Garlic Basil Chicken. In the Crock Pot today I made Chicken and Mushrooms. It smells wonderful! I used boneless chicken breasts, left out the tapioca, and will serve it over rice. The recipe doesn't say what to do with the onion so I added it to the vegetable mixture under the chicken. The breasts cook faster than the thighs so allow 6 hours.

Chicken and Mushrooms from Homemade Gourmet
1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup carrot, chopped
1/4 cup dried tomato pieces, optional
1 cup low sodium chicken broth
3 tablespoons Homemade Gourmet® Garlic Basil Seasoning
3 tablespoons quick cooking tapioca
3 pounds chicken thighs, (2 pounds, boneless)
3 cups cooked rice or noodles, prepared
1 medium onion, chopped

Directions
1. In a slow cooker, combine vegetables. Pour chicken broth over vegetables.
2. Sprinkle with Garlic Basil Seasoning Mix and tapioca. Place chicken on top of the vegetables.
3. Cover and cook on low 7-8 hours or on high 3-4 hours.
4. Serve over rice or noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment